When team members start working with us, they just can’t get enough—but don’t take our word for it! Here are a few surprising statistics about our team members that show just how much they love the Lobster Life:
- In an industry where the average length of employment is 2 years, Red Lobster team members stay with us for an average of 4.45 years—double the industry benchmark! That’s the perfect amount of time to get a college degree and discover your next opportunity at Red Lobster!
- Currently, there are 8,380 team members who have worked at Red Lobster for 10-29 years, 844 team members who have been here 30-39 years, and 84 team members who have been here 40+ years! You can find your home-away-from-home with us!
- Our longest tenured team member has been with us for 47 great years! We are committed to recognizing and celebrating the contributions and successes of each and every one of our team members.
Red Lobster is proud to be a business where our team members want to grow, develop and succeed. These numbers tell so much more than data and statistics. Behind these numbers are training programs that help our teams succeed; incredible leaders that elevate and grow their team members; teams that work together to make sure everyone has the opportunity to accomplish their goals.
We spoke to Ashlee Geier, a newly minted General Manager at our Coral Springs, FL location, to get her perspective on why our numbers are so strong. She shares some of the many reasons she’s chosen Red Lobster for her career growth since 2004:
- The total experience: “Red Lobster is continuously evolving. Not only has Red Lobster given me great work experience, it has also grown me as an individual. It’s instilled in me a set of core values which I apply not only inside the workplace but in my day to day life.”
- Our Core Values: “Red Lobster has continued to prove that it cares about the heart and soul of the operation. They care about their people. They take the time to listen and make necessary changes to allow us to best take care of the guest.”
- We’re an innovative company: “Red Lobster has shown me over the years that we will continue to be competitive in the industry. We will strive to stay relevant, from new menu concepts to uniform standards to discovering new ways to delight guests. We’re a solid company with a solid foundation and will continue to be where people come for seafood now and for generations to come.”
- We’re looking ahead: “My future looks bright. I see myself in the next five years hopefully growing into a Director position. Growth opportunities with Red Lobster are endless if you perform and have the passion and drive behind all that you do. You have the ability to be successful with this company.”
Can you picture yourself at Red Lobster?
Dive into our careers page and discover for yourself why everyone loves working for Red Lobster. Apply to join our winning team today!